WMU Campus History

Welcome to the
'History of the Campus'
bullet Information Page bullet

Building Timelines

Business, Technology and Research Park Design Standards

Campus Facilities History-Part 1

Campus Facilities History-Part 2

Campus Maps

Campus Planning History

College of Health and Human Services: Planning

Construction History

East Campus

Enrollment History

Lee Baker Farm and Asylum Lake

National Register Listings

Outdoor Sculpture
(WMU Permanent Art Collection)

Parkview Campus: Master Plan

Photographs, Images, and Trivia
bulletSlideshows

1825-1830 Kalamazoo County Vegetation Survey

1970 Campus Development Plan
1970 University Magazine
1972 Bicycle Plan

2000 WMU Campus Master Plan

2006 Planning Charrette

2007 Presentation on the History of the Campus

In addition to documents in the office of Campus Facilities, the principal references for information on these web-pages are "The First Fifty Years", by James O. Knauss; "WESTERN- A Twentieth Century University", by Leo C. Stine; and the Kalamazoo Regional Psychiatric Hospital's 135th Anniversary pamphlet, published in 1994.

Installation of the University Seal at the Student Recreation Center plaza, 1993

The archival photographs displayed on this website can be found in the Archives and Regional History Collections.
Many thanks to the staffs of WMU's Office of University Relations and the Archives and Regional History Collections for their assistance.

 

 

Planning Division of Facilities Management; Mail #5313
1903 W. Michigan Ave.
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5313 USA
(269) 387-8543 or 387-8544 | (269) 387-8818 Fax
campus-facility@wmich.edu

 

Shipping Address:

1201 Oliver Street

Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5313